Bike Size Calculator
When it comes to buying a bicycle and especially a classic road bike it is very important to make sure that you choose a bicycle in the right size. Our bike size calculator will help you to determine the correct frame size.
It is very important that the bike fits your body in order to optimize comfort and performance. The frame size is generally between 46 to 67. In order to find out which size is appropriate for you, you need to measure your inseam length. The inseam length is the measurement from the top of your leg (the crotch) to your feet.
To measure your inseam length:
- Put on the shoes you would be wearing whilst cycling.
- Place and hold a book between your legs.
- Measure this distance from ground to the upper top of the book to find out your inseam measurement.
Size of a Vintage Bicycle
We usually give four sizes for the complete bicycles and three sizes for the frames:
- The seat tube length (also stands for the bicycle size) is measured along the seat tube starting at the center of the bottom bracket and ending at the end of the seat tube.
- The top tube length is measured along the top tube starting at the center of the seat tube and ending at the center of the head tube.
- The head tube length is measured along the head tube from bottom to the top of the head tube.
- The standover size (for complete bicycles only) is measured from the ground to the top of the top tube.